2020 Porsche 911 Review with Specs & Prices
2020 Porsche 911
- Starting at $113,300 MSRP*
- Next generation of flat-six turbocharged engines – producing 443 horsepower and 390 lb-ft of torque with a standard 8-speed PDK dual clutch transmission
- Revamped exterior design with increased body width, wider wheel housings, new LED headlights, and revised variable-position rear spoiler
- Top track speed of 191 MPH and 0-60 time of 3.5 seconds (911 Carrera S)
- Completely new interior characterized by clear and straight lines of the dashboard with recessed instruments.
- World-first Porsche Wet Mode which detects water on the road and preconditions the stability control and anti-lock brake systems accordingly
- Optional Night Vision Assist with a thermal imaging camera
- New Porsche Communication Management (PCM) with a larger 10.9-inch touchscreen display (up from 7.0 inches in the previous car) and comprehensive connectivity
About the 2020 Porsche 911
Entering its eighth generation, the legendary Porsche 911 is quicker, more emotional, and more connected than ever before. Representing the iconic characteristics of Porsche design DNA, the new 911 now features a more muscular exterior appearance in addition to a revised interior layout that’s as equally modern as it is timeless. Every 2020 911 comes equipped with the latest generation of Porsche flat-six turbocharged engines, offering a noticeable 23-horsepower increase as compared to the prior model.
Included in an expanded suite of available active driver-assistance features, the new 911 includes standard Porsche Wet Mode for improved driver awareness on wet roads and is available with Night Vision Assist featuring a thermal imaging camera. Taking inspiration from classic 1970s 911 models, ergonomics and driver engagement take center stage in the updated interior. Longer, wider, and more poised than ever before– the 2020 Porsche 911 challenges convention while staying true to its legendary sports car heritage.
What the Critics Say
“Notwithstanding its familiar appearance, the 2020 911 is very different than its predecessor. The new coupe arrives with aluminum-intensive construction, an enhanced powertrain, new innovative technology, and more luxury appointments than any previous 911 in history. Consumer demands are changing, and Porsche realized that it had to evolve to keep its best-selling sports car at the top of the competitive segment.” — Kelley Blue Book
“Steering is still electrically assisted, but Porsche claims the responsiveness is now 11 percent quicker in the standard car. Feedback on the track is as good as its predecessor’s, as is its faultless precision. The direct connection gels well with the newfound grip and sense of stability, reducing the apparent size of the wider and heavier 992.” — Car and Driver
2020 Porsche 911 Features
The next chapter in the storied history of the 911 begins with the eighth generation, which remains modern while paying homage to 911 models of the past. Significantly wider wheel housings accent large 20-inch front wheels and 21-inch rear wheels. At the front, body width has been expanded by 1.77 inches, making room for a wider front track. Rear body width on both the 911 Carrera S and 911 Carrera 4S has increased to 72.91 inches, exactly the width of the previous 911 Carrera 4 and 911 GTS models. The front luggage compartment lid with pronounced contours evokes the design of the first 911 generations, flanked by new LED headlights. In an effort to reduce weight, the entire outer skin is now comprised of aluminum with the exception of the front and rear fasciae.
Drawing inspiration from 1970s 911 models, the entirely updated cabin of the 2020 911 starts with the clear and straight lines of the dashboard with recessed instruments. Two thin frameless, free-form displays give the driver information on both sides of the centrally positioned tachometer. Optional Adaptive 18-way Sport Seats Plus with improved lateral support hugs the driver firmly in place during high-speed maneuvers. The new Porsche Communication Management (PCM) with a larger 10.9-inch touchscreen display offers comprehensive connectivity to enhance your drive.
Every 2020 911 Carrera S and 911 Carrera 4S now produces 443 horsepower thanks to a reimagined turbocharged flat-six engine. The result is a 23-horsepower gain in comparison to the previous generation. The rear-wheel-drive 911 Carrera S Coupe takes just 3.5 seconds to reach 60 miles per hour from a dead stop, while the 911 Carrera 4S Coupe with all-wheel drive requires only 3.4 seconds. An available Sport Chrono Package lowers these times even further by 0.2 seconds. A new 8-speed PDK dual clutch transmission is included as standard and a manual transmission will be offered at a later date.
The all-new Wet Mode, a worldwide first for Porsche, is a new standard feature included on the 2020 911. This innovative feature detects water on the road, preconditions the stability control and anti-lock brake systems accordingly, and can alert the driver of the road conditions. Also included as standard, a camera-based warning and brake assist system can pinpoint the risk of collision with other vehicles, pedestrians, and cyclists. Available Adaptive Cruise Control includes automatic distance control, stop-and-go functionality, and an innovative Emergency Assist function for even greater peace of mind behind the wheel.
2020 Porsche 911 Trims & Specs
911 Carrera S
Starting at $113,300 MSRP*
- 3.0-liter twin-turbocharged boxer 6 with 443 hp / 390 lb-ft of torque
- 8-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
- Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus (PTV+) incl. electronically controlled differential lock with fully variable torque distribution
- 20-inch/21-inch Carrera S wheels
- Porsche Communication Management* (PCM) including online navigation module and Connect Plus
911 Carrera 4S
Starting at $120,600 MSRP*
- All-wheel drive with Porsche Traction Management (PTM)
- Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM)
- Sport Seats with electric backrest angle and seat height adjustment and manual adjustment of fore/aft position
- LED headlights including daytime running lights with 4-point LED spotlights
2020 911 Carrera S Cabriolet
Starting at $126,100 MSRP*
- Electrically operated, fully automatic fabric roof with three integral magnesium elements and a rigid glass rear screen, operable up to approximately 31 mph
- Porsche Connect Plus* including online navigation, Apple® CarPlay®, SiriusXM, 4G/LTE telephone module and wireless internet access
- Sound Package Plus, analog sound system, 8 loudspeakers, 150-watt total output with integral amplifier and digital signal processing
- 6-piston front, 4-piston rear, all aluminum fixed monobloc calipers
- ParkAssist (Front and Rear) including reversing camera
2020 911 Carrera 4S Cabriolet
Starting at $133,400 MSRP*
- Two-zone automatic climate control with separate temperature settings for driver and front passenger
- Embossed leather on front seat side bolsters and front seat headrests
- Multifunction steering wheel
- Automatic headlight activation including “Welcome Home” lighting
- Instrument cluster with central tachometer and two 7-inch TFT displays
*Manufacturers’ Suggested Retail Price. Excludes options, taxes, title, registration, delivery, processing and handling fee, and dealer charges. Dealer sets actual selling price.