2021 Porsche Cayenne Model Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
About the 2021 Porsche Cayenne
Building on the proven formula that began in 2003, the 2021 Porsche Cayenne aims to push performance boundaries even further through new technologies that significantly improve on-road performance and comfort. Drivers will have their selection of five individual Cayenne models which are engineered to meet the needs of the most demanding luxury SUV buyers. The Cayenne is now more athletic both in appearance and driving performance thanks to new styling cues and engineering developments. To complement its modern exterior, the interior carries many of the same design cues and new technologies that made their debut on the 2017 Porsche Panamera.
Porsche Cayenne Features
The 2021 Cayenne uses a 3.0-liter single-turbo V6 making 335 horsepower and 332 lb-ft of torque, enabling it to accelerate from zero to 60 mph in 5.9 seconds (5.6 seconds with the optional Sport Chrono package). The Cayenne S uses a 2.9-liter twin-turbo V6 that makes 434 horsepower and 405 lb-ft of torque. The more powerful engine shaves a full second off its 0 to 60 time, coming in at just 4.9 seconds (or 4.6 seconds with the optional Sport Chrono package). A responsive eight-speed Tiptronic S automatic transmission is included as standard equipment across the Cayenne line. Fully variable Porsche Traction Management (PTM) all-wheel drive is standard on all Cayenne models. Porsche Surface Coated Brake (PSCB) offers a finish that increases friction values while reducing wear and brake dust.
First employed in the 918 Spyder, the 2021 Cayenne features a redeveloped Sport Chrono Package with individually configurable modes. The newest version of Porsche Communication Management (PCM) adds a new level of connectivity. This state-of-the-art infotainment hub includes a massive 12.3-inch full-HD touchscreen display with intuitive controls. PCM also offers the ability for a great degree of customization by saving preferred settings and menu layouts including up to six individual profiles. Sound systems from Bose® and Burmester® provide a concert-like listening experience in the 2021 Cayenne.
While maintaining a strong visual connection to its predecessors, the new Cayenne adopts new design elements that hint at how this generation builds upon its legacy. Enlarged air intakes in the front fascia along with new horizontal light edges create a wider, more athletic appearance. Cargo area volume with the rear seats raised has increased by almost 15 percent over the previous generation to 27.19 cubic feet. The available Porsche Dynamic Light System (PLDS) or LED Matrix Beam headlights enhance the visual appeal of the Cayenne while providing illumination with exceptional clarity.
The third-generation 2021 Cayenne Turbo raises the bar for performance in the segment with a twin-turbo four-liter V8 engine which delivers 541 horsepower. Improved driving dynamics are a direct result of innovations which include high-performance Porsche Surface Coated Brake (PSCB) technology, three-chamber air suspension, and staggered tire sizes. Representing gains over the previous generation, the new Cayenne Turbo can rocket from 0 – 60 in just 3.7 seconds with the optional Sport Chrono Package on its way to a top track speed of 177 MPH. 18-way sport seats, seatbacks with integrated headrests, and standard heating functions for all outboard seats help ensure both drivers and passengers can enjoy unparalleled comfort and support.
Trims & Specs
- Starting at $67,500 MSRP
- 3.0-Liter Turbocharged V6 with 335 horsepower and 332 lb-ft of torque paired to an 8-speed Tiptronic S automatic transmission
- Connect Plus including Online Navigation Module and Apple® CarPlay
- ParkAssist (front and rear) with reversing camera
- LED headlights and Three-dimensional LED taillights
- 8-way front comfort seats
- Starting at $85,100 MSRP
- 2.9-Liter Twin-Turbocharged V6 with 434 horsepower and 406 lb-ft of torque
- Integrated Porsche 4D-Chassis Control
- Hi-fi sound system with 10 speakers, total output of 150 watts
- Optional Adaptive Sport Seats (18-way) with Memory Package
- Porsche Traction Management (PTM): active all-wheel drive with electronic and map-controlled multi-plate clutch
- Starting at $107,300 MSRP
- 4.0-Liter Twin-Turbocharged V8 with 453 horsepower and 457 lb-ft of torque
- GTS Interior Package with Race-Tex
- 21-inch RS Spyder Design Wheels in Satin Black
- GTS Exterior Design
- Starting at $127,800 MSRP
- 4.0-Liter Twin-Turbocharged V8 with 541 horsepower and 568 lb-ft of torque
- Adaptive Air Suspension including Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM)
- BOSE® Surround Sound System with 14 speakers including subwoofer; total output of 710 watts
- 18-way seats in front with memory package
- Heated multifunction steering wheel in Turbo design with shift-paddles with rim in smooth-finish leather