2021 Porsche Taycan Model Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
- Starting at $103,800 MSRP (Estimated)
- All-Electric Powertrain featuring Two Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motors and 93.4 kWh Performance Battery Plus and Two-Speed Transmission
- Overboost Power with Launch Control up to 522 HP (Taycan 4S), 670 HP (Taycan Turbo), or 750 HP (Taycan Turbo S)
- 800-Volt Performance Battery with Porsche Recuperation Management (PRM)
- Standard Mobile Charger and 270kW charging capability at 800V public charging stations
- Porsche Active Aerodynamics system including adaptive rear spoiler and adjustable cool air intakes
- Porsche Connect featuring available Porsche Intelligent Range Manager, Charging Planner, Route Monitor, and Apple CarPlay® integration
- Porsche Communication Management (PCM) with 10.9-inch central display, 8.4-inch center console control panel, and optional rear 5.9-inch touchscreen display
About the Porsche Taycan
Engineered with new technologies developed on the racetrack and on the road, Porsche takes another step towards the future with the Taycan — a new vision of the all-electric sports sedan. As the first purely electric sports car in the brand’s history, the Taycan features a total system voltage of 800V, a combined system output of up to 750 horsepower, and a top track speed of up to 161 MPH. Inspired by motorsport aerodynamics, the Taycan features a sleek silhouette to help it slice through the air and remain firmly planted to the road surface. An ingenious underbody battery placement helps the Taycan achieve an optimal center of gravity. Inside the cockpit, drivers will enjoy a fully digital curved display adapted to suit the interior design that’s quintessentially Porsche. Cutting-edge connectivity features help you monitor efficiency, charge, and performance with a simple glance at one of up to three different display screens inside the Porsche Taycan.
What The Critics Say
"The Taycan offers astoundingly quick acceleration, thanks to its electric all-wheel-drive system. It feels planted and agile around turns, yet it still delivers a smooth ride on rough roads. The interior is equally impressive. It’s elegantly styled, library quiet, and bristling with high-tech features. All in all, the Taycan lives up to the hype. — U.S. News & World Report
"When the road turns into track, however, the Taycan turns into a Porsche. At our test facility for this story, the magnificent Atlanta Motorsports Park, the Taycan proved itself 100 percent worthy of the crest on its hood. — Road and Track
What’s New for 2021
After making history last year as the first all-electric vehicle from Porsche, the Taycan returns for 2021 with several exciting new updates. First, a total of seven new exterior colors make their debut on the Taycan for 2021: Mahogany Metallic, Cherry Metallic, Coffee Beige Metallic, Chalk, Neptune Blue, Ice Grey Metallic, and Frozenberry Metallic. A color head-up display is also now available as an option.
Taycan models equipped with the adaptive air suspension system receive a new Smartlift function which can automatically raise the suspension at certain recurring locations such as a driveway. Using over-the-air updates, the Taycan is now offered with an array of subscription-based safety and entertainment features. Finally, a new Plug & Charge feature automatically simplifies charging and a new smaller 79-kWh battery pack is offered on Taycan 4S models.
Porsche Taycan Features
The dynamic Porsche Taycan is powered by two permanent magnet synchronous motors and 93.4 kWh performance battery plus paired with an advanced two-speed transmission. Total power outputs for the Taycan lineup are up to 522 HP (Taycan 4S), 670 HP (Taycan Turbo), or 750 HP (Taycan Turbo S) using Overboost Power with Launch Control. Taycan Turbo S models can rocket from 0 to 60 MPH in an astonishing 2.6 seconds using Launch Control on their way to a top speed of 161 MPH. Porsche Active Aerodynamics features such as the adaptive rear spoiler and adjustable cool air intakes help enhance both efficiency and performance. Available Porsche Ceramic Composite Brakes (PCCB) help slow the tremendous power of the all-electric Porsche Taycan.
Since range and charge times are of the utmost importance to electromobility, the Porsche Taycan doubles the standard charging voltage to 800 volts. The end result is shorter charge times and reduced weight through the use of thinner copper wires. You’ll be able to drive more than 200 miles on a single charge. Thanks to a multitude of charging solutions, the Taycan redefines the meaning of all-electric travel and eliminates range anxiety for worry-free driving. In addition to home charging capabilities, you’ll have access to Porsche Turbo Charging at authorized Porsche dealers along with a constantly growing network of Electrify America 800V DC fast charging stations.
Technology & Driver Assistance
Included as standard, Porsche Connect is your link to information and media inside the Porsche Taycan. Simply say “Hey Porsche” and your car will then respond using Porsche Voice Pilot. Porsche Connect helps you to get more out of your daily commute with a collection of features such as the read-aloud function to keep you informed of the latest news all over the world. Cutting-edge driver-assistive technologies available on the Taycan include Porsche InnoDrive including adaptive cruise control, Active Lane Keeping, Traffic Jam Assist, Night Vision Assist, and Surround View. Porsche Entry & Drive allows you to leave your car key in your pocket thanks to its ability to have the encrypted access code stored on the key.
Trims & Specs
- Starting at $103,800 MSRP (Estimated)*
- AC Permanent Synchronous Motor (390 kW/522 hp)
- Integrated Porsche 4D Chassis Control
- LED Headlights including Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS+)
- 16.8-inch curved display for driver including external touchscreen control panels for lighting and chassis functions
- On-Board DC-Charger with 50 kW/400V (DC) and AC-charger with 9.6kW (AC)
- Starting at $150,900 MSRP (Estimated)*
- Porsche Surface Coated Brakes with white calipers
- PASM (Porsche Active Suspension Management) electronic damper control
- Four driving modes: Range, Normal, Sport, and Sport Plus
- Optional Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control Sport (PDCC Sport)
- Central 10.9-inch infotainment display and an optional passenger display
Taycan Turbo S
- Starting at $185,000 MSRP (Estimated)*
- Adaptive Sport Seats (18-Way) with Memory Package
- Optional Burmester® High-End Surround Sound System
- Available SportDesign Carbon Fiber Package
- Optional Porsche Intelligent Range Manager
- Available Adaptive Cruise Control and Lane Change Assist
Prices listed are estimates, official pricing still to be released for the 2021 model year. Current Taycan models are listed above. Additional trims are expected to be unveiled in the upcoming months.